A Top 20 construction firm is working exclusively with Shirley Parsons to source a transformational leader for its safety program. This company has grown extensively over the past decade, with multi-billion dollar profits and thousands of employees working across North America. Although the business has a better-than-average safety record, the executive team is seeking an innovative Vice President of Safety with the ability to take its performance to the next level.
The Vice President of Safety is a newly created position within the company, and a successful candidate will be tasked with developing a pioneering safety strategy to be implemented across the organization. An understanding of the construction or civil engineering industries would be highly beneficial, but our client is open to reviewing candidates that can demonstrate effective innovation within a safety program that has led to a step change in performance.
- Use a holistic approach to propose creative solutions to emerging safety issues, proactively bringing new ideas to the Senior Leadership Team that will ensure the safety record is at least equal to the best in class of this company’s peers.
- Lead the EHS team and work with all levels of staff, from site-based personnel through executive leadership and senior client contacts in order to reinforce a “safety first” culture across the organization.
- Participate in national industry forums with the purpose of learning from competitors and continually striving to develop the preeminent safety program within the industry.
- Collect, analyze and report on safety metrics and KPIs at both a project and company level, identifying trends and utilizing results to manage, modify and deliver safety priorities across the business.
- Ensure consistency in all aspects of safety throughout the company, developing a unified approach across regions and divisions.
- 15-20 years’ safety experience, with a significant track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree essential, industry credentials strongly preferred (CSP, CIH, etc.)
- Construction operations experience strongly preferred
- Proactive and innovative approach to safety management
- Demonstrable leadership and managerial capability