Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The Sr. Manager, Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible for developing, managing and supporting the McKesson safety and environmental policies and programs and collaborating with Environmental Health & Safety team members, BU and facility leaders on program oversight and implementation.
Remote/Work from home position located in Western Region - Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX, Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake, UT.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Participates in the development of McKesson EH&S policies and procedures.
- Communicates safety and environmental objectives to business units and facilities as directed in the respective BU safety service plan and collaborates on safety planning and goal-setting.
- Advises and assists business unit, regional and facility managers on implementation and conformance with McKesson safety and environmental programs, and compliance with regulatory standards. Recommends best practices to exceed minimum compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with BU safety leaders to assist in the development of annual Service Plans and coordinates activities with EH&S team to ensure completion. Conducts periodic and year-end status updates with BU.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to regional facilities on regulatory, construction, fleet safety, property conservation and other EH&S issues. Oversees safety aspects of building projects.
- Functions as an audit team leader and participates in safety and/or environmental compliance assessments of McKesson facilities and, where appropriate, McKesson contractors.
- Provides visible leadership in promoting a safety culture within McKesson.
- Prepares and presents train-the-trainer programs to facility managers, supervisors and other employees with significant safety and/or environmental compliance responsibilities. Mentors site Security and Safety Officers.
- Participates in professional development programs to further expertise and stay in forefront of emerging safety issues and regulatory developments.
- Participates in the investigation, follow up, and root-cause analysis of significant safety incidents within assigned region.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with OSHA and/or other safety/environmental regulatory bodies and assists facilities with responses to agency inquiries and inspections.
- Teams with other functional leaders, including Human Resources, Risk Management, Real Estate / Facility Management, Regulatory Affairs and others as necessary to ensure that all aspects of safety and environmental issues within the region are addressed appropriately.