Leveraging the candidates’ position as a recognized HSE compliance leader in the Los Angeles market, expand Bureau Veritas’ HSE consultancy services in alignment with BVNA’s growth strategy for Los Angeles, CA and the West Coast US Region.
This upwardly mobile position calls for an entrepreneurial individual who enjoys identifying and developing HSE technical service opportunities, is committed to technical and operational excellence, and promotes team spirit. This position will primarily focus on supporting the ongoing expansion and subsequent delivery of Safety Consulting and other HSE Service offerings in the Los Angeles, CA Market, as such, the following are required:
- Proven strong technical skills in safety compliance, assessment, audit, and training. Experience within the manufacturing and/ or construction safety markets is a plus.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively and timely with clients, regulators, staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide Safety technical consultancy and management on complex projects.
- Established professional network in the West Coast Region to recruit and retain top safety talent and develop new business aligned with the growth strategy.
- Prior experience mentoring, training and coaching professional staff.
- Availability for frequent travel throughout assigned region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or closely-related field. Technical advanced degrees are preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years previous experience in an HSE professional consulting arena.
- Professional certifications (CSP, PE, CIH or other) preferred
- Certified Professional Safety Auditor certification (or similar) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to identify, retain and develop clients
- Strong Industry/Area HSE association involvement (ASSE, AIHA) and HSE professional network. Strong connections in the construction safety and/or manufacturing arena desired.
- High energy, self-motivation and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Efficient, accurate and detailed orientated in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to recognize and empathize with client HSE issues/concerns/needs, and translate into HSE service solutions.