Leveraging the candidate’s position as a recognized personnel safety and health leader in the NE States, expand Bureau Veritas’ HSE consultancy services in alignment with BVNA’s growth strategy for the region.
This upwardly mobile position calls for an entrepreneurial individual who enjoys identifying and developing personnel safety and health technical service opportunities, is committed to technical and operational excellence, and promotes team spirit. This position will primarily focus on supporting the ongoing expansion and subsequent delivery of Personnel Safety Service offerings in the NE States region, as such, the following are required:
- Proven strong technical skills in OSHA compliance, personnel safety assessments, development of health and safety plans, HSE management systems and auditing. Experience within the energy and/or manufacturing market preferred.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively and timely with clients, regulators, staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide environmental technical consultancy and management on complex projects.
- Established professional network in the NE Region to recruit and retain top safety talent and develop new business aligned with the growth strategy.
- Prior experience mentoring, training and coaching professional staff.
- Availability for frequent travel throughout the NE States (NY, PA, NJ, New England).
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or closely-related field. Technical advanced degrees are preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years previous experience in the professional safety consulting arena.
- Professional certifications (CSP, CIH or other) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify, retain and develop clients
- Strong Industry/Area HSE association involvement and HSE professional network.
Strong connections in the energy and/or manufacturing arena.
- High energy, self-motivation and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Efficient, accurate and detailed orientated in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to recognize and empathize with client HSE issues/concerns/needs, and translate into HSE service solutions.