MKD Electric, Inc. is a fast growing Chicagoland industrial electrical contractor, and our growth has created new roles for hands-on Site Safety professionals with prior experience across refinery, industrial, manufacturing, and construction project environments. Prior refinery experience is particularly key as these positions will be assigned to our client’s refinery sites in the Joliet region. Multi-site role is also available. Candidates must be capable of playing a lead role in the overall planning, organization, implementation, and coordination of environmental health and safety programs across one and/or multiple client work sites.
Role is routinely responsible for displaying the ability to set exemplary standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity in all aspects of safety, will support MKD philosophy and policy, shine in client relations, function as a team player, exercise good judgment, and set the overall tone for safety. Spending almost all of your time at one field site, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe, efficient and productive work environment for our team members at the client site, and work with field and management staff to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with MKD, client-specific, federal, state, local, and OSHA regulations.
- Through clear and effective verbal and written communications maintain open and proactive communications with PM’s, staff, foremen, superintendents, clients, HR, and executive management on all safety related matters. Working as a “safety” leader and valued added resource, will provide timely guidance and direction where appropriate.
- Develop safety training plans and facilitate safety training in conjunction with Training and HR.
- Display proven leadership ability in the planning, design, and generation of ongoing safety communications programs - such as Safety Committees, tool box talks, and lunch-n-learns; and ably serve as an experienced facilitator of small groups.
- Capably develop site specific safety plans in advance of work with MKD PM’s, our team and the client.
- Proficient in routinely conducting on-site safety audits and review of individual safe work practices. Skilled at hazard recognition, identifying potential problems, and practiced at professional intervention. Able to disseminate information and recommend improvements.
- Draft and recommend safety policy and procedures as appropriate. Contributes to content and updating of company safety manual.
- Inherent ability to calmly react to and handle unplanned circumstances thoughtfully and to resolution, while communicating to others as may be appropriate for each situation and your client site.
- Adeptly spearhead WC related activities such as leading accident investigations, related follow-up interviews, monitoring external clinic operations and performance, performing root-cause analysis, handling resulting client communications, recordkeeping and preparation/distribution of all associated reports, developing action plans, implementing preventative measures and practices, and compliance with local codes, and state, federal and OSHA reporting requirements.
- Manage process of recommending and purchasing safety equipment and the subsequent logistics of supplying staff across multiple client locations. May broker relationships with vendors and external safety organizations.
- Recommend and may participate or conduct coaching and/or disciplinary action on safety matters, as may be appropriate.
- Knowledgeable and practiced at preparing all Safety associated reports and documentation.
- Proactively stays abreast of changing and/or evolving safety matters, trends and legislation.
- Manage and support the company alcohol/drug testing program.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with refinery and petro-chemical environments is a real plus.
- B.S. degree in an Environmental, Health, Safety or a related discipline.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA, (electrical) safe work practices, PPE, Confined Space, LOTO, NFP70E, fall protection, lifts, MSHA, and trenching regulations and compliance.
- A mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Should be CPR/First Aid certified. Other certifications: ASP, OSHA 10 or 30 hour, 500, etc. are highly desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet navigation.
- Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, display a professional appearance and demeanor, be capable of influencing others, and be both team and results oriented.
MKD is successful, privately-owned contractor that focuses on safety, service, exceeding client expectations, teamwork, and retaining team members.
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, company paid dental, vision, life and disability benefits, bonus consideration, vacation/sick time, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Interested candidates should forward a resume with salary history and expectations by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above. We are an equal opportunity employer. Candidates only please.