Contract Hire - April 2017, 1 year project:
We are seeking to hire a contract safety manager for a demolition and asbestos abatement project in Oakland CA. The project is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and last 1 year minimum. Extensive experience and knowledge of asbestos abatement is required. Position is the Safety Lead for the General Conractor on the project.
- Demolition experience
- Asbestos experience
- OSHA 510 or equivalent
- First Aid /CPR/ AED
Duration: 1 year +
Compensation: $40-$45/hr plus daily per diem.
Specifically, the position involves the following:
- Conducting safety and health inspections both surface and underground and in restricted areas.
- Ability to interpret and apply OSHA regulations (1926 & 1910). Local building and fires codes as well as other applicable standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate to excellent computing skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and make independent decisions
- Monitor PPE supplies and order as needed
- Be able to write and review JHA’s
- Assist in worker’s comp claims management
- Inspect subcontractor’s work sites
- This is a hands on position that requires the ability to work well with project team management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Position Qualifications Requirements/Preferences Required:
- Current 1st Aid CPR
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction/demolition
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Safety management
- Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance OSHA 1910, 1926
- Current HAZWOPPER
- Knowledge of Scaffolding
- Knowledge of Fall Protection
- Knowledge of PPE
- Knowledge of Confined Space
NO THIRD PARTY SOLICITATIONS PLEASE!