The Lima Refinery Environmental Health and Safety team has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for a Senior Safety Specialist.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for evaluating/assessing working conditions and hazardous exposure potentials relating to the health and safety of refinery employees and developing methods to assure that the refinery will operate in a safe and responsible manner.
This is an excellent opportunity to use your extensive experience and technical expertise to:
- Evaluate, develop, and implement programs and procedures to assure personnel and facility safety. Monitor and control the organization’s safety standards in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations and stay abreast of proposed changes in health and safety law and industry best practice.
- Develop, maintain and implement Refinery Safety Program initiatives.
- Maintain professional knowledge of protective equipment. Keep abreast of trends in the safety field.
- Develop and implement programs and record keeping systems to track and evaluate personnel injury and illness incidents. Conduct trend analysis, audits, accident investigations, and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment and materials. Analyze data and forward appropriate recommendations to prevent new or reoccurring accidents.
- Develop and conduct employee training, hazard evaluations, and quality assurance programs. Responsible for evaluating and approving material and equipment requisitions, new or modified processes, and non-routine work.
- Participate in emergency preparedness training, development, and implementation.
- Assist Safety Representatives through work assignments, monitoring schedules, and resolving problems.
- May act as a lead person or technical expert on medium to large projects commensurate with level of experience.
- Act as safety technical representative for plant area and project customers.
- On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a Safety professional in the refinery/petrochemical industry.
- Associates degree or higher in the EH&S field.
- Professional Certification, such as ASP, CSP or CIH.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Good writing and communication skills.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to pass the Husky required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
Please apply online by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.
The Lima Refining Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.