Provides regulatory support and expertise to business units regarding requirements for selling products and conducting business globally. The position requires knowledge and understanding of global chemical-control regulatory requirements for the manufacture, distribution and sale of chemical products (U.S. TSCA, Canada CEPA and other global regulations, etc.).
The incumbent advises the business units on issues of compliance, prepares existing and new chemical submissions as per country notification requirements, ensures that Company’s products are in compliance with all regulatory requirements, responds to inquiries from customers and regulatory authorities, and represents the company in professional and trade associations. The position requires approximately 5-10% of travel both domestically and international.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively partner with business, sales/marketing, supply-chain & R&D teams to ensure global regulatory compliance for all products.
- Prepare and submit new chemical notifications and registrations.
- Provide regulatory expertise and support for existing chemicals submissions.
- Advise R&D and Business teams on regulatory requirements and regulatory impact during New Product Development Process.
- Partner with Legal team, as needed, to develop regulatory strategies and address regulatory questions or concerns.
- Monitor, interpret, and communicate regulatory issues that will impact products and business strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various regulatory authorities.
- Actively participate in trade association and industry specific meetings and programs.
- Represent Company on external industry work groups and teams.
- Lead and participate in teams to establish, document, implement, and improve work processes, procedures, and practices.
- Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Environmental, and Site Safety
Education and other requirements:
- B.S. degree in a relevant field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Chemistry or related technical field
- 10 years minimum years relevant Product Regulatory work experience minimum
- Preferred: 15+ years experience in global chemical regulatory affairs in chemical or petroleum industries