As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in workplace safety and health. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
We currently have an opening in Philadelphia, PA for a Senior Loss Control Specialist. This position is responsible for providing risk management consultation services to current and prospective policyholders for the Workers Compensation Division.
BHHC is committed to providing our insureds and agents with professional loss control services to help reduce the frequency and severity to workplace accidents or loss. As a Senior Loss Control Specialist, you will leverage your knowledge and experience to make recommendations that will improve employee safety & health.
The Senior Loss Control Specialist is responsible for providing loss control services to assigned clients in a specific territory – this particular position is focused primarily on clients in and around Philadelphia, but there may be some travel to other clients on the East Coast and occasionally elsewhere in the US.
- Monitors policyholder loss activity and develops loss reduction action plans.
- Assists policyholders in identifying key objectives to improve safety and loss control at the workplace; provides consulting and training services to support the account reaching loss control objectives.
- Develops and participates in presentations to insureds, underwriters, other BHHC employees, brokers and LC vendors.
- Serves as resource to underwriters, brokers and insureds in the field of safety, loss control and regulations related to employee safety.
- Reviews underwriting requests for loss control and oversee assignment of work to vendors or employee staff.
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Travels (with an overnight stay) approximately 20-25% of the time.
- Graduate of four year college or university program and five or more years of experience in the insurance industry providing loss control or job-related safety services, preferably in workers’ compensation insurance.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Certified Safety Professional or similar professional designation strongly preferred.