Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Location: Troy, IL US
Relocation Provided: No
Remote Work: No
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Senior EHS Analyst in our Troy, IL location. This position is responsible for directing EHS activities at site, establishing EHS objectives and targets, and ensuring documents are available in the local languages. The perspective candidate will also maintain site ISO/OHSAS certifications, ensure accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics and closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings, manage interfaces with public and governmental authorities, and direct actions during crises.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH (safety management) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through the Safety Committee, safety related kaizen events, and weekly gemba walks needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance of EHS local, state and federal regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place.
- Create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in EHS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Management from an accredited institution
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Experience working within a unionized facility
- Understands OSHA regulations
- Lean Fundamentals understanding
- Understanding of ISO 14001 standards and internal auditor
- Experience with workers compensation
- Fall protection certifications
- Certified Industrial Vehicle Instructor
- Demonstrated experience with safety programs
- Ergonomics experience
- Proven track record of safety metric performance and improvement
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.