This position oversees the daily EH&S functions for the Milford and Marlborough sites.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implements environmental, health and safety programs, policies and procedures at the site level.
- Capable of serving as lead on certain environmental, health and safety projects.
- Maintains required regulatory documentation.
- Performs hazard risk assessments on processes, chemical use and new equipment.
- Participates in risk reduction programs and continuous improvement activities.
- Conducts environmental, health and safety audits of facilities and site operations.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to operations managers and employees regarding environmental, health and safety issues.
- Conducts accident/incident investigations and ensures appropriate corrective actions are completed.
- Serves as a member of the site emergency response teams.
- Assists in the development and presentation of EHS training sessions.
Job Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, occupational health, safety, science or engineering related field.
- 8-10 years of proven experience, preferably in a chemical, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology related field.
- Experience with local, state and federal agencies including EPA, MADEP, OSHA, DOT, and NFPA.
- Familiar with chemical hazards and risk assessment techniques.
- Training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, first aid, or other relevant EHS topics preferred.
- Waste water treatment plant operators license preferred.
- Previous experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
Why work at Avecia?
As a leading drug development services company for oligonucleotide therapeutics, the first step in our DNA/RNA sequence is to work with a great team of people.
At Avecia, our team approach allows you to excel in your individual area of expertise as well as to be part of a group of professionals that has the support of management and peers from various backgrounds. And while we’re focused on results, we still maintain our flexibility and enjoy camaraderie and the benefits of work/life balance. Make the next move in your progression of success and join Avecia.
At Avecia, we encourage and value people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds to contribute to our collective success. It is Avecia’s policy to conduct business without regard to an individual’s disability or any other protected status. We are fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment and encourage all to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer