HETI is a nationally-prominent, full-service Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene and Risk Management consulting company specializing in environmental and indoor air quality site assessment, occupational health and safety services, environmental liability risk assessment, loss control and risk management services, site remediation, risk characterization, and litigation/expert witness support. Founded in 1986, HETI has built a solid reputation for technical competence, integrity and reliability. With operations nationwide, we serve a wide range of industrial and commercial customers – both large and small.
HETI is known for our specialized knowledge of environmental exposures and their potential impact on business – especially insurance and life sciences. We understand the specific issues clients face and can provide viable solutions to address them.
Responsibilities: Working independently or within a consulting team arrangement, you will be responsible for the following:
- Knowledge of contracts (including insurance coverages) and contract interpretation
- Perform environmental liability risk assessments – including desk reviews and site surveys – on behalf of environmental carrier clients
- Provide claim/litigation support services to insurance clients
- Communicate with senior staff and client on progression of work, proposed changes to scope-of-work and project schedule/budget, etc.
- Prepare reports – including review of background materials; creation of figures, plates and tables; and writing of text, recommendations, conclusions and proposals
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development
- Maintain high ethical standards in the performance of services – understanding the ethical standards of client and reporting actual/perceived unethical conduct or behavior
Conduct on-site activities – including:
- Act as HETI’s direct representative with client and/or insurer
- Act as client’s representative – recommending additional services, as appropriate to protect their interests
- Monitor/oversee clients’ contractors and evaluate performance, within scope of services
- Recommend remedial actions (in emergency situations) to client/contractors – including, if necessary, stopping work when public health or safety are jeopardized
- Interface with and respond to regulatory and enforcement agencies
- Make independent, on-site judgments based upon professional experience – advising/ recommending alternative ways of performing work subject to specified cost and regulatory compliance
Education and Experience:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field. Certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in technical activities directly related to HETI’s business, including experience with insurance companies and consulting. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, databases) required.