******If you are interested in applying you MUST visit our careers website. www.Ameren.com/careers*****
About The Position:
The Safety Supervisor supervises, monitors, coaches and advises operating personnel and other management personnel regarding company safety policies, procedures, and programs to safeguard employees and property Ameren.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide effective leadership to improve safety performance of the company and act as a standards bearer to help drive safety to top decile performance levels. Help drive personal accountability for safety across the business segment.
- Assist operating groups in the planning, conducting and evaluation of safety meetings. In addition work to assist employee safety committees in effectively supporting the safety efforts.
- Assist in the interpretation of federal and state safety regulations and recommend appropriate methods of compliance to affected operating groups.
- Conduct field safety observations aimed at identifying potential risks with follow-up communications with the appropriate operating workgroup.
- Provide effective positive and constructive safety coaching to all members of business segment.
- Assist the operating groups in the analysis of safety related incidents to prevent future recurrences.
- Develop, maintain and analyze statistical data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the development and administration of injury and illness prevention programs and hazard recognition programs.
- Assist in the administration of the safety recognition programs.
- Spearhead various safety projects and initiatives established to address areas of high risk or actual injury experience. Collaborate with other Customer Operations safety personnel to ensure the collective knowledge of the department is represented in products provided to the operating groups.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Safety or a related field. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety related certification preferred. Five or more years of safety related experience required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Ability to prioritize and self direct work activities with little direct supervision and participate in a geographically dispersed team environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Excellent leadership, communication, and human relations skills. Ability to support major storm response activities involving long hours over multiple days.