For our Lemoore, CA “WEST” manufacturing facility we are seeking a Safety Supervisor who will help us continue our successful trend in the global cheese and nutrition markets.
We Ask Of You To:
- Manage safety support staff, plant security team, and budget.
- Provide technical safety support by performing hazard assessments for major risks such as machine guarding, ergonomics, confined spaces, construction, and work at height.
- Implement and sustain comprehensive, organized safety system based on recognized external criteria (VPP/OSHAS).
- Report on metrics and maintain safety systems to drive compliance, including developing detailed performance and tracking mechanisms for leading and lagging safety performance.
- Develops and manages safety training plan and content for the site, including New Employee Orientation, and compliance-based and job-specific safety training for technical subject matter (i.e., HAZMAT, confined space, energized work, PSM, combustible dust, industrial hygiene).
- Audit and report on compliance with legal and corporate safety policies, facilitate action plans, and track completion to compliance.
- Perform risk assessment surveys and utilize risk data in SOPs, communication, and training programs.
- Manage the creation of job safety analysis (JSAs) processes plant-wide.
- Accompany OSHA, EPA, and state and local officials on inspections and serves as liaison with agencies.
- Coordinate Incident Investigation Process and support departments with root cause analysis and corrective action tracking as needed.
- Develop optimal processes for case management and partner closely with Human Resources to effectively manage worker compensation.
- Perform technical reviews and development of “Safety Alert” memos to share after high-potential incidents for plant-wide and corporate-wide lessons learned opportunities.
- Coordinate emergency drills as needed to maintain readiness for reasonably predictable scenarios.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Lemoore, California: 30 minutes south of Fresno, an hour from the popular China Peak Ski Resort as well as Sequoia National Park, and a two-hour drive to Yosemite National Park.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Safety Management or similar program required.
- Five years of progressive leadership experience in Safety position, with a substantial portion of it in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with coaching and developing others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with industrial operations.
- Broad knowledge of injury management and worker's compensation best practices.
- We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
- Active affiliation with appropriate safety networks and organizations.
- Familiar with dairy or food manufacturing industry.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran