Atkinson Construction is seeking a Shift Safety Supervisor for our tunnel construction project. The Shift Safety Supervisor works under the direction of the Safety Manager to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public on the project. The Safety Manager is responsible for enforcing Atkinson's Safety and Health Policy as well as local and federal safety standards on job sites. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks. Successful candidates will exemplify safety as a value.
- Conducting safety and health inspections both surface and underground
- Generating inspection reports
- Conducting safety related training
- Ability to interpret and apply OSHA regulations (1926 & 1910). Local building and fires codes as well as other applicable standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate to excellent computing skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and make independent decisions
- Monitor PPE supplies and order as needed
- Be able to write and review JHA’s
- Assist in worker’s comp claims management
- Inspect subcontractor’s work sites
- Undergraduate degree in safety and health or related discipline preferred but experience will be considered.
- 3 + years relevant civil construction, safety experience required,
- OSHA 500 certification required. CHST certification preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other Regulatory Requirements and experience in interfacing with and influencing regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal level required.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, confined space and heavy equipment safety.