The Safety Specialist (SS) serves as a designated safety representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by the Safety Leadership Team. You will influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This will include conducting training and coaching associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
The SS is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. You will support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. You will conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
Safety Specialist Responsibilities:
· Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
· Facilitate incident investigation process.
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon standards.
· Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
· Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
· Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
· Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc) to complete their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc).
· Perform specific Safety Training as required by the Safety Manager.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
· Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
· Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel matters
· Experienced in emergency response and be able to maintain current First aid and CPR certificates
· Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
· Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field.
· Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills
· Experience leading and managing a team · Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
· Experience in Worker’s Compensation case management
· Analyzing and manipulating data
· Passion for safety
If you require accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Recruiter when you are contacted.