Recology is looking to hire an experienced Safety Specialist to join our team in Sun Valley, CA.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience in the safety field.
This is a highly visible role, and our ideal candidate will be bi-lingual (English/Spanish) and have experience with following: investigations,equipment & site inspections, safety trainings, workers comp claims, managing drug testing process, DOT compliance (DQ Files), and familiarity with CAL OSHA Title 8.
Recology is a company where you can be PROUD to work.
To apply please use the "Apply for this job" link on this page.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES SAFETY SPECIALIST:
- Assist in inspecting work areas and equipment regularly to identify opportunities for improving the safety of employees and the public.
- Conducts safety training and award/recognition programs for employees, with particular attention to those in positions of higher risk.
- Maintains and analyzes records of safety activities, accidents, and incidents.
- Maintains Driver Qualification Files (DQFs) in compliance with the Department of Transportation and company requirements.
- May coordinate drug screen process (new hire, random, etc.).
- Responds to and tracks workers' compensation claims.
- Prepares records pertaining to safety activities such as accidents/incidents, workers' compensation, OSHA, etc.
- Recommends and presses for safety improvements in equipment and working conditions and practices.
- May monitor inventory of personal protective equipment and safety supply levels; prepares purchase orders for approval.
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- Investigates accidents and incidents and reports findings to superior and to Third Party (claims) Administrator (TPA).
- Represents Company in hearings, dispositions, and trial as directed.
- May represents the Company with governmental agencies and other organizations concerned with public and employee safety.
- May travel to multiple locations for on-site visits.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- English/Spanish Bilingual Preferred
- Two years of experience in safety compliance.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Skill and/or Ability to:
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build and share knowledge and expertise about current job through reading, new experiences, and exposure to new ideas.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, or work conditions associated with the job.