With nearly $500M in annual revenues, Aldridge is ranked among the nation’s leading specialty contractors. Incorporated in 1952, we have more than 60 years of expertise completing complex transportation, drilling, mass transit, and power projects. A family-owned company headquartered in the Chicago-land area, Aldridge employs nearly 900 employees on projects from coast to coast.
Aldridge, a highly trusted contractor, relies on strong and experienced teams who fully understand the objectives and requirements of any project to deliver quality, efficiency, and safety to our customers. We know that the success of our company depends on the quality of our employees. Aldridge is committed to the development and enrichment of our employees, and we truly want our people to expand their knowledge and attain their professional and personal goals. Continued growth is on the horizon, and opportunities for fulfillment and advancement abound. Join a true team committed to delivering on a strong reputation in the construction industry… JOIN ALDRIDGE!
Chicagoland preferred but due to the heavy travel required other remote locations will be considered
This role with be heavily involved with assisting the Director of Safety in maintaining company safety programs for each assigned company project.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and enforce all company safety policies and procedures.
- Train and educate all personnel on OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Work with VP/Superintendent and Project Management to address specific project safety needs.
- Maintain all required job safety records including all jobsite safety audits.
- Act as a liaison between Aldridge, the General Contractor and any Subcontractors.
- Maintain PPE order forms and stock.
- Gather materials to combat OSHA violations.
- Continually review safety policies and procedures as requirements change.
- Be on call 24/7.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for every new employee on a project and make record of their participation.
- Instruct Supervisors on safety responsibilities.
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives.
- Review each Subcontractor’s Safety Program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the Project Safety Program requirements.
- Prepare written reports of any violations or unsafe practices and report them to the Director of Safety for immediate correction actions.
- Immediately stop any violation or unsafe practice.
- Attend Project Staff Meetings.
- Understand and be responsible for compliance with Aldridge safety policies and support a “Safety First” attitude.
- Assign and communicate expectations for all aspects of the safety program, so that all project employees have clear expectations for safety and performance.
- Ensure that any training needed is proactively identified and scheduled. Be sure that tool box talk topics are carefully selected and applicable to the work.
- Verify that all safety documentation is being captured, organized and filed at the jobsite.
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health and/or equivalent experience in a construction environment.
- General knowledge of Construction Standards -CFR 1926.
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office products, Google Mail, others.
- Ability to identify potential safety hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle pressure and adapt to a variety of field conditions.
- People-oriented personality and aptitude to “sell” safety programs to field personnel.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS:
- Conduct daily jobsite inspections.
- Assist in preparation for monthly safety committee meetings.
- Prepare and/or conduct appropriate project training as needed and maintain training documentation.
- Conduct toolbox talks.
- Immediately report incidents to the Director of Safety.
- Conduct regular safety tours on the project and ensure employee involvement and craft engagement in the safety program.
- Assist in accident/incident/near-miss investigations.
- Be a participant and engage in discussion generated at such meetings. We hold these for everyone’s benefit and your input is valuable.
- Report all unsafe behaviors and/or conditions, near misses, incidents, and injuries to your supervisor immediately. Take immediate action as appropriate if you observe something that could cause injury to a fellow worker.
- Participate in all required safety training and take part in the Green Hard Hat Program if assigned.
This job specific task list covers only the most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position title will also perform other occasional work assignments not mentioned above, including temporary assignment, training assignments, and other related duties.
The Aldridge Group of companies is an EEO M/F/Vet/Disability/Affirmative Action Employer.