Primary responsibilities include developing, implementing, and managing safety programs, policies, and procedures for 10 sites on West Coast. Has knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) guidelines and the ability to detect and eradicate any health and safety hazards accordingly. Ensures compliance with all governmental safety regulations. Develops safety training and awareness and conducts safety meetings with operations personnel.
Principle Duties and End Results:
- Develops and administers risk management programs such as IIPP.
- Creates and modifies policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices.
- Responsible for maintenance of safety accident injury records investigations and committees.
- Responsible for administration and distribution of Safety Talk topics.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA Logs, posting of OSHA 300A logs as required by facility.
- Responsible for development key performance indicators and measures daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Develops, implements, and manages H&S programs.
- Verifies compliance with H&S regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Manages the participation in OSHA, EPA, WDID, HMBP/CUPA, and CARB inspections, providing appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Advises the Warehouse Building Managers and General Managers of issues regarding safe warehouse operations.
- Responsible for MHE certifications and record keeping.
- Develops content for safety meetings and conducts safety meetings with operations personnel.
- Stays up to date on state and federal workplace safety regulations
- Fields inquiries from employees about proper safety procedures
- Responds to on-site emergencies and accidents
- Investigates on-the-job accidents and writes up report
- Identifies hazards or faults that caused the accident and devises strategic plan to remedy those problems
- Monitors work place on a daily basis to ensure all activity meets safety compliance
- Conducts official audits of the warehouse, office and yard
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificate in Safety Management (CSM) is required
- Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OHSA guidelines is required
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of OHSA and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Experience with multi-site management
- Experience in 3PL Warehousing environment
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment, including interface with customer representatives
- Proficient organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Remains calm in a crisis