The Safety Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and administration of the Company’s Health & Safety programs, which include risk management, loss prevention, safety training, all related investigations and assuring compliance with applicable State, Federal, Company, and Customer health and safety regulations, policies and procedures. The Safety Manager will serve as a member of the leadership team and oversee the Field Safety Team and provide subject matter expertise, process checks, and safety advocacy in the high voltage industry working in substations and power plants.
- Experience as a Safety Professional in the Substation industry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to travel overnight at least 50% of the time.
- 10 years’ Field Experience in the High Voltage Industry, specifically Substations and Power Plants.
- Experience in a supervisory or management level position directly managing subordinates
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Executive Management, Field Service Managers, Field Service Supervisors and Clients & Customers.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective oral and written skills
- Development, Implementation, Coordination and Administration of Company’s Health & Safety Programs in accordance with local, state, Federal, Company and Customer rules and regulations.
- Advises Safety Director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employee in work site safety practices and evaluates employee training needs.
- Responds to and investigate post-accident/incident investigations, and near misses and prepares report identifying possible route cause analysis to determine preventability or process improvement.
- Assists with compliance of Customer Safety requirements.
- Monitors Field Safety Staff regarding safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Oversee, monitor and coach Field Safety Team
- Promotes cross-group effectiveness with the ability to maintain a balance between Teamwork and Safety Compliance.
- Prepares and coordinates safety meetings, including Safety Committee, focusing on safety topics, accident prevention, current processes and procedures, including new hire and annual orientation.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to the Safety Director and Executive Management Team and provide internal consulting, advising and guidance.