A heavy industrial manufacturing company is seeking a Safety Engineer to be based out of a large facility in Riverside, CA. The Safety Engineer is tasked with ensuring safe working conditions for all team members within the designated region. The Safety Engineer will possess an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels with the goal of developing a positive safety culture.
- Lead local Health and Safety processes including behavior based safety, risk assessments and mitigation, and ergonomics
- Maintain EHS policies and standards
- Collaborate with Environmental staff to manage local regulatory compliance to include Title V, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, and storm water discharge.
- Measure, evaluate, and recommend changes on the effectiveness of hazard management systems, policies and procedures to eliminate workplace injuries
- Assist in site health and safety investigations to ensure proper corrective and preventative measures have been implemented
- Develop and perform training
- 3-5+ years’ professional EHS working experience in manufacturing environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related discipline
- Strong understand of root-cause analysis (RCA) with a proactive approach to Safety
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proactive with an ability to facilitate change through training and established working relationships with employees
- Able to travel up to 30%