The Safety Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of all safety design standards associated with equipment used within our Fulfillment Centers. This individual will need to be able to partner with the Engineering Department in safe equipment design and review equipment to ensure safety standards are included in the design. This individual will assist in the safe deployment of new equipment in partnership with engineering, facilities and operations team. They must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing and possess excellent safety program management skills. This individual needs to be an expert in safety, environmental and ergonomic standards and regulatory compliance.
· Develop policies, interpret regulatory codes, safety standards, training and procedures.
· Advises safety, engineering and operations teams on safety regulations and regulatory compliance concerns relating to process and equipment design.
· Perform safety risk assessments, regulatory compliance reviews and ergonomic reviews on equipment and operations processes.
· Work with various teams to review and approval of new and modified equipment. Must be independently driven to seek improvement opportunities in the safety review process. .
· Maintain all regulatory compliance documentation from a global perspective to ensure accurate and up to date adherence to set standards.
· Participate in new standards development
· Have a knowledge and understanding of certification bodies for approvals and CE marking and manage projects related to certifications that comply with local, national and international regulations.
· Working knowledge of integrating new systems into new and existing work environments.
· Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, NFPA, ANSI and other Federal / State regulations.
· 5+ years’ experience in of Safety Engineering.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience interacting with cross functional teams.
· Willingness to be flexible regarding shifts.
· Knowledge of CE directives and OSHA regulations.
· Comprehension and practical application of risk assessments.
· Experience certifying new products, regulatory agencies, etc.
· Willing to travel, up to 25%
· Bachelor’s degree in safety, engineering or a related field.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office.
· Working knowledge of: OSHA, CFR, ANSI, etc.
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Certified Safety Professional preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
· Working knowledge of: TÜV, NRTL, CE, CUE, IEC, UL, etc.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran