Join Our Team of Safety Professionals!
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our premium safety training and professional consulting services and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is expanding and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our national team of dedicated safety professionals. We can offer full-time employment with competitive salary; medical, dental, and disability benefits; paid time off and holiday pay; professional development and tuition reimbursement; hourly opportunities; and 401K options.
HazTek Inc. is seeking Safety Coordinators with Refinery experience for the Central/Northern New Jersey area. The key functions of the Safety Professionals are to support our clients’ specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
This is for a 6 month+ Turnaround
- Conduct site safety inspections, identify hazards and implement solutions to ensure compliance with OSHA.
- Ensure full compliance with the contractor’s and site’s safety programs
- Review Job Hazard Analysis (JHA/JSA’s)
- Conduct contractor safety orientations for new hires
- Interface with site project personnel
- Conduct daily job site visits and periodic documented audits
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Contractor Safety Manager
- Assist in selection of elevated PPE
- Perform air monitoring, gas detection as needed
- Assist in set up of critical tasks (i.e. confined space, fresh air work, working at heights)
- Deliver safety meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
- OSHA Outreach Trainer preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of dedicated safety experience as a Safety Coordinator in oil & gas, or petrochemical required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in OSHA recordkeeping and its application in case management
- Strong working knowledge of air monitoring/gas detection equipment and calibration required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required
- Experience in conducting new hire safety orientations required
- Subject Matter Expert in a field related to the work being performed by the contractor required
- Current TWIC Card is required
Salary and Benefits:
- Steady Full-time Employment/Salary with Bonus Opportunity
- Company-Sponsored Medical and Dental Benefits
- Company-Sponsored Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement
Please apply by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.
HazTek Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V EOE