FDRSafety is searching for a Safety Coordinator for a manufacting facility in the Monroe Wisconsin area. Coordinates the development, implementation, and monitoring of the corporate safety programs under the direction of the Corporate Safety Manager. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all facilities have implemented the required elements of our safety programs and accident reduction programs. This position will also identify additional opportunities within the facilities for safety improvements and work with the management group to develop the appropriate control mechanisms.
Coordinates the development and implementation of corporate safety policies. (25-30%):
- Evaluates the current policies based on Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations and based on accident reduction criteria.
- Recommends revisions or additions to our current policies.
- Develops an action plan and an overall strategy for the implementation of any approved changes.
- Acts as a resource for the departments during the implementation process.
- Develops and administers safety training programs. (20-25%)
- Identifies training needs at each facility and at a corporate level.
- Develops an annual plan for completing the required training including the Corproate University schedule.
- Completes all the required training.
- Accident Reduction Programs
- OSHA Compliance Programs
- Safety Skill Development Programs
- Receives all training records from the departments and organizes them based on program type.
Develops standardized audit process for area of responsibilities based on established safety systems. (15-20%):
- Identifies the key components of each corporate safety policy and procedure.
- Develops different audit systems to ensure compliance and accident reduction efforts are completed at the department level.
- Audit tool for the Safety Action Committee
- Monthly reviews of our safety program elements with each department
- Scheduled audits at the facility (Targeted vs. General)
- Annual facility compliance audits
- Accident investigation audits
- Employee knowledge audits
- Coordinates the completion of each audit based on the established timeframe.
- Identifies deficiencies and develop corrective actions.
- Provide the necessary resources to the department to assist them with the implementation of any changes or additions to their safety programs.
- Creates a reporting tool to monitor the progress of the audit systems.
Performs accident investigations and claims management follow-up on targeted claims within area of responsibilities. (10-15%):
- Reviews all accident reports that are completed by the department supervisors.
- Determines what follow-up needs to be completed based on the risk factors.
- Contacts the department supervisor/manager and completes required follow-up.
- Assists the departments with the development of preventative actions.
- Documents the information for the Workers’ Compensation file.
- Interacts with the injured employee to educate them on the process and provide them with the assistance they may need during the return to work process.
- Participates in quarterly claims reviews with the Workers’ Compensation carrier.
- Provides the Safety Manager and the Senior Benefits Manager with a weekly update.
- Identifies accident investigation training opportunities within each department.
Participates in department and corporate safety committees (5-10%):
- Department Committees
- Safety Action Committee
- Safety Planning Committee
Completes miscellaneous projects and assigned duties. (