''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Safety Coordinator at the Emporia, VA facility. As a Safety Coordinator, you will provide leadership, strategic direction, and counsel to the facility. Safety Coordinators ensure facility Health and Safety (H&S) activities, systems, and plans effectively to drive H&S performance and meet or exceed business and company H&S objectives and requirements.
The ideal candidate will embrace change, possess strong interpersonal skills, and the capacity to balance multiple priorities. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, have sound decision making skills, strong organization skills, and the ability to lead a team to maintain and improve facility safety performance.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing support to the Safety Manager and leadership team to achieve the H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership and engagement
- Assisting (establishes and sustains) H&S ownership by the line organization by providing support and understanding of the H&S Management Systems
- Participating in the case management process for facility incidents and injuries
- Serving as a point of contact for all team members to understand and support H&S daily activities
- Participating in the development and implementation of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Providing support in the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
- Conducting Safety & Health training to employees, contractors, etc. as required
- Utilizing training and development plans to grow H&S skills and knowledge
- Managing day-to-day compliance activities to effectively communicate regulatory and technical knowledge to operations and employees
- Providing coaching and mentoring to facilitate safety ownership on the line level.
- Developing systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk in existing and future equipment, processes, operations (i.e. risk assessments, near misses, etc.)
- Prescribing control solutions to eliminate hazards and causes of loss events and to reduce the chance of loss when hazards cannot be eliminated
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor Degree (BS) or higher in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- One (1) year or more of Health and Safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran - Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube