Job title: SAFETY COORDINATOR (Spanish/ English – Bilingual)
Report to: Safety Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 1st ShiftMonday-Friday
- EHS experience within a manufacturing or metals fabrication environment.
- Promotes a safety culture that supports and encourages employees to go beyond the call of duty to identify unsafe conditions and behaviors and are comfortable intervening to correct inappropriate behaviors and concerns.
- Identify and evaluate detrimental working conditions and makes adjustments to safeguard employee health
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine root causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Conduct audits, incident investigations, and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment, and materials
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices and correct handling techniques for chemicals, equipment, and other materials. Maintain training records.
- Issue safety equipment to employees, ensures employees are properly fitted and trained on proper equipment usage
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and all applicable federal, state, and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety rules and regulations
- Inspect organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and ensure measures have been implemented
- Oversee facility safety committee, maintain records of meetings and participants, assure issues discussed in the meetings are addressed through prompt follow-up
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies. Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work an off shift required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/ Engineering or a related technical field preferred
- 30 Hour OSHA Certification or equivalent required
- Current certifications or in pursuit of any of the following certifications are preferred: OHST, ASP, CSP
- Three years minimum of related safety experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong people skills and an ability and willingness to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures, governmental regulations or other related documentation as needed
- Ability to work smart in a fast-paced/changing environment
- Ability to think proactively and plan and execute resourcefully
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time and may be required to talk and listen to employees and/supervisors.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Duties are performed indoors in an office setting, the manufacturing plant which is an un-climate controlled environment subject to extreme temperatures and loud noise. Duties also performed outside exposed to all weather conditions.