Report to: Safety Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 1st ShiftMonday-Friday
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties and technical tasks for the Safety and Environmental Departments by helping to maintain the health and safety of our employees, clients and assets.
- Provides administrative support to the Safety and Environmental Departments including but not limited to correspondence, phones, messages, mailing, coordinating meetings, etc.
- Operates a variety of office equipment: computer, fax, scanner, copier, printer, laminator
- Assist is setting up new files, filing correspondence and other material as directed
- Applies discretion and appropriate security measures in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Create and maintain safety files (both electronic and physical)
- Records Management
- Create training certificates / wallet cards for training seminars. Update training records spreadsheet
- Track new employee orientation exams; review, scan, file
- May be responsible for meeting preparations (coffee, order lunch, etc.)
- Actively participates in Safety team meetings and provides administrative support to the Safety Committee’s by typing, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes, notes, incident reports, etc.
- Orders necessary office supplies.
- Schedule training sessions and provide reports on employee training status.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Safety is a bonus, but not required
- High School graduate or above with 1-3 years of administrative experience in data entry within industrial settings would be preferred.
- Bilingual Preferred
- DOT, OSHA and NFPA experience a plus
- Administrative experience with effective verbal and written communications skills is required for this position.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Maintains confidentiality related to environmental and safety issues
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and may be required to talk and listen to employees and/customers.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.