Georgia-Pacific’s Global Health and Safety team is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Risk Assessment Specialist opportunity based in our Atlanta, GA office- supporting our manufacturing operations nationwide. Reporting to the Process Safety Development Manager, this role will expose you to all the elements of Process Safety, including implementing, developing, and managing projects related to Process Safety. You will develop skills in using risk assessment tools and detailed process reviews. This will help you build capability for a variety of future opportunities within the Georgia-Pacific and Koch organizations to advance process safety excellence. In this role, you will learn to support the process safety management activities through the Global Safety and Health (GS&H)
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- During your 1-3 year rotation in this role; you will develop your technical and leadership capabilities through the management of risk management/reduction opportunities and risk assessment strategies, with the ultimate goal of placing you in one of our manufacturing operations.
- You will build your knowledge of the fundamentals of Process Safety in many areas. Specifically you will participate as instructor in Process Safety training courses, participate and collaborate in developing enterprise solutions for hazards and risks identified (e.g. guideline development, PHAs, risk assessments), develop communications to enhance PS knowledge share, work with business units on PS projects, develop expertise with the CM electronic tool, TRAX, and CAS system, mine data and evaluate for improvement opportunities, and participate in incident investigations as needed
- You will continue to develop your capabilities to lead by influence in business situations such as: advising, recommending, exchanging information, persuading or influencing personnel, as well as facilitation of remote topic communications such presentations to large groups or classes.
- Group communications involve participating in meetings, group discussions, conducting meetings and/or leading group discussions.
- Written communications involve documentation, internal memoranda, letters, procedures, reports/proposals and technical writing
What You Will Need - Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Science
- Experience in industry or military environment such as, operations, engineering or safety
- Willing and able to travel between 40-50% - primarily domestic, but may require some international travel as well
- Willing and able to relocate after the development period
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Environmental Engineering, or Industrial Hygiene or Safety
- A minimum of 3 years operations or engineering experience within the pulp and paper, building products or chemical industry
- Experience using OSHA and EPA regulations specific to hazardous chemicals and industry accepted engineering codes and standards
- Previous experience within pulp and paper or chemical industry
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube