Further your career with our company. We have been creating unique fruit and flavor solutions for the food and beverage industry for more than fifty years. Our reputation for creativity, innovation and technological advancement fueled our expansion into broader-based flavor capabilities.
We are seeking a diverse, highly motivated and qualified individual to lead as our Regulatory Compliance Coordinator. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, growing environment, this is the opportunity for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must recognize and effectively address environmental and physical hazards at company facilities.
- Analyze safety equipment requirements for each job function.
- Inspect equipment and facilities to determine appropriate mechanical safeguarding.
- Must be able to enter and inspect company facilities, walking into production and warehouse areas (which may be wet at times) to monitor hazards and equipment condition, temperatures, noise levels,and employee work practices. Must be able to climb ladders, bend, and stoop as needed.
- Ensure that Lock-Out-Tag-Out-Verify program is taught and used 100%.
- Source and use effective materials to administer and conduct safety and compliance training on respirators, hazardous materials (”Right to Know”), forklift, first aid/CPR, sight and hearing conservation.
- Maintain familiarity with Company policies and procedures pertaining to Quality Manual, Food Security/Food Defense, Sanitation, cGMP’s, and HACCP/Food Safety.
- Determine appropriate and effective safety and compliance signage, bulletins, maps, etc.to be exhibited around company facilities.
- Create or revise Corporate Business Emergency Plan as needed.
- Responsible for all accident, injury and near-miss investigations, documentation and follow up with treating clinic (if applicable). Responsible for employee retraining or will work with supervisor for disciplinary action if needed.
- Maintain and post OSHA log as required by law.
- Create and update evacuation maps; design and conduct emergency preparedness drills.
- Determine appropriate earthquake preparedness information for dissemination to employees.
- Responsible for fire prevention and suppression equipment, information and training.
- Responsible to maintain an active emergency response team and train appropriate personnel on chemical spill response.
- Administer MSDS program.
- Administer AQMD program.
- Provide information on proper handling, labeling and storage of hazardous materials and ensure that appropriate personnel are trained as required.
- Ensure that confined space hazards are identified, personnel trained as required and equipment and information are up to date.
- Regular, punctual attendance is required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
If you meet the job requirements listed below, please submit your resume by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.