We are recruiting for a Regional Safety Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Response Instruction listed below.
Working in conjunction with site Health and Safety staff, site leadership and drivers, the incumbent will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise, guidance, coaching and accountability for Health and Safety of all employees in the region. This includes, but is not limited to, warehouse, distribution, clerical support and driver / fleet safety training, evaluation and continuous improvement.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Five (5) or more years leading employee safety and health programs, including a proven track record of H&S staff development and warehouse and driver / fleet safety experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Smith System, NSC Professional Truck Driving (PTD) or another formal driver safety program
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOT regulations for Class A vehicles
- Demonstrated success delivering training and remediation programs
- Demonstrated success in developing Health and Safety staff preparing them for larger roles
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CSHM, CSMP, CEP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local OSHA, EPA regulations
- Aligns corporate and local Safety goals and strategies
- Lead Safety audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding Safety policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local Safety regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding Safe Working behaviors and compliance
- Lead NSC PTD training program for all locations in the region
- Assist accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Conduct audits The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description.
The above listed duties are a brief summary and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed. Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Qualified candidates can apply via our website clicking the "Apply for this job" link above referencing the job number listed. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please.
All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to finding the best talent for our client's EHS jobs.