The Regional Safety Engineer must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must instruct and train company personnel on safety policies, assisting the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their respective site(s). If chosen for the position, you will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations. Coordination with onsite physical security, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors to achieve specific safety objectives. This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager and be responsible for continuing to enhance the safety of operations. Additionally, you will work closely with construction builds. This position may require some domestic and international travel.
· Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to;
· Safety Management systems
· Risk assessments
· Safety regulatory agencies legislation
· Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations, etc.) and outside vendors (General Contractors, Sub-contractors, Emergency Services, Underwriters, etc.) as they relate to operations.
· Ensure compliance and enforcement of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
· Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations to assure proper evacuation procedures are followed.
· Perform data analysis
· Ensure safety recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Amazon with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
· Consult and partner with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
· Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Partner with other Amazon affiliates to identify safety deficiencies and develop customized policies/procedures to gain compliance with regulations internal and external to Amazon.com and its affiliates.
· Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
· Minimum four year college degree in a safety and health or related field.
· Experience designing and implementing safety processes and procedural documentation.
· Construction, manufacturing, or similar industry safety experience with mix of full time employees and 3rd party contractors.
· Considerable knowledge of local safety and health regulatory laws (Federal OSHA) and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
· 3 or more years of field experience with a proven record of safety.
· High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
· Must exhibit excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· CSP or CIH preferred
· Working knowledge of NFPA70e and electrical background preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.