We are recruiting for a Regional Occupational Safety Manager in Louisville, KY. Relocation available within the US. Response Instruction listed below.
The incumbent will be responsible to align EHS processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline
- 10 or more years of Safety experience including at least 2 years in a role with direct reports at remote locations.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple, simultaneous safety programs in construction or commercial / industrial refurbishing across a broad geographic territory
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward in a Behavior Based Safety environment
- Ability to travel over 50% of the time
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local regulations
- Aligns corporate and local Safety goals and strategies
- Lead Safety audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding Safety policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local Safety regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding Safe Working behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed. Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Qualified candidates can apply via our website or send their resume via email by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above referencing the job number listed. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please.
All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional people for our distinguished corporate clients.