Tosca is a leading provider of reusable packaging and supply chain solutions in the perishable food supply chain. We focus on optimizing the flow of perishables, eliminating waste at every turn – product, packaging and labor waste. Our reusable plastic containers – the most comprehensive portfolio in the industry – improve product protection, lower costs and are more sustainable than single-use packaging.
The Regional EHS Manager is a key role providing technical health, safety and environmental expertise and support within a geographical region which may cover two (2) or more plant locations. Key initiatives include delivering and achieving objectives in plant safety, environmental, food safety and health programs. The Regional EHS Manager is accountable for coordinating training initiatives, monitoring safety conditions, health regulations, environmental compliance, and providing technical expertise to site personnel to ensure compliance with OSHA, federal, State, local and Company safety, food safety and health regulations. This role will be located in our Garland, TX plant with about 10% travel time to other plant locations.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Implement and maintain the Corporate Safety Policies as they apply to the safe operation of processes at the plant level. Participate in the annual review and revision of the Safety Policies
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and effective safety, environmental, food safety and health plan for multiple sites. Improve the quality of and ensure the effective execution of safety, food safety, and environmental management processes following established regulations, policies, standards and best practices
- Assess safety risks, determine root causes and develop programs and training to mitigate or eliminate risk factors for multiple sites
- Review and investigate accidents, incidents, and conservative care cases to determine root cause(s), develop and implement corrective actions. Using historical data and incident trending, determine plans to reduce or eliminate incidents. Ensure the OSHA 300 log is maintained for multiple sites
- Publish monthly metrics and communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping to meet business and OSHA requirements
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance and ‘tour readiness’ for multiple sites; prepare written assessment of site audits including recommendations for corrective action and remediation of recognized risk factors
- Serve as primary contact for environmental issues including regulatory compliance, HazMat training, waste disposal and documentation (CUPA, SWPPP, etc.) Coordinate with government, fire officials, and regulatory agencies during all site inspections and audits
- Identify training needs, develop and implement safety training schedules and programs to ensure site training is completed
- Maintain the Site(s) Emergency Response and Contingency Plan
- Assist Plant Manager(s) with the development of annual safety, food safety and health goals
- Promote safety, food safety, environmental and Wellness program awareness through internal communication, postings, newsletters and specific training programs
- Develops a strong safety culture for multiple sites by establishing proactive measures such as near miss reporting, incentive programs, and employee recognition
Requirements, Experience, & Education (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Operations, Engineering or a related field of study
- Demonstrated experience performing audits, incident investigations, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) including root cause analysis determination
- Strong safety and compliance knowledge and the ability to recognize/correct hazardous conditions and behaviors required.
- Experience in food safety, ISO 22000, GMP and HACCP preferred
- 3+ years supervisory experience is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a similar operations position required
- Effective listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of energy, integrity, judgment and decision making skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Proven results in identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Prefer health and safety certification, ASP/CSP, CIH, etc.
- Team player with the ability to influence, interface and gain credibility across different levels in the organization
Please submit resume and cover letter along with salary expectations by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.
Tosca is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D/V - Tosca participates in E-Verify.