Bachelor's degree and two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Safety Management and Process Administration, or related degree and practical experience preferred.
Refines and coordinates corporate risk management programs to ensure compliance with our current process, adherence to both regulatory and corporate expectations and to meet our future needs as an organization. Educates, teaches, and coaches employees at all project levels to ensure accountability and responsibility for process adherence. Monitors project understanding of risk management systems, consistency of system application, and compliance with regulatory standards and processes.
Corporate Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Managers of Construction and other company subject matter experts to refine our corporate safety program, electrical safety program and project site-specific orientations.
- Works with corporate training management to monitor, adjust and assess the effectiveness of our training programs.
- Analyzes corporate safety data to confirm that our processes are appropriate while maintaining objectives complementary to corporate policies and segment goals.
- Works closely with the Managers of Construction, Project Managers and the General Superintendent-Safety to assess the needs of the segments and will have a good understanding of market needs, OSHA NFPA, etc, requirements and training practices.
- Interprets safety philosophy to personnel throughout organization.
- Collaborates with others within both the Risk Management and Quality department to ensure that system improvements are incorporated into our best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of government and industry codes and standards (OSHA, NFPA, etc.) in order to provide guidance and access to them.
Project Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visits project locations to learn and gauge the effectiveness of our systems and to assess the understanding our site leadership has of them.
- Visits project locations during construction to provide training, feedback and support for our evolving systems to our site teams and corporate leadership.
- Collaborates with projects to evaluate risks and prioritize responses based on a pursuit of value creation.
- Provides risk assessment, site assessment and problem solving training to project personnel.