US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities. The Company addresses the complex waste management needs of its customers by offering treatment, disposal and recycling of industrial, hazardous and radioactive waste, as well as a wide range of complementary field and industrial services. US Ecology’s focus on safety, environmental compliance, and customer service, enables us to effectively meet the needs of our customers and to build long-lasting relationships. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, the Company has been protecting the environment since 1952.
Serve as primary point of contact to ensure comprehensive management of contract/ purchase order requirements in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all US Ecology Management System policies and procedures.
- Provide variable support coverage to contract expansion, staffing changes, and manufacturing alterations GM Components Holdings contract locations.
- Cross train at all GMCH contract locations to ensure specific knowledge of plant layouts and waste activities, and all aspects of the site specific RM manuals
- Provide training to incoming Project Managers to site specific contract requirements and internal USE procedures
- Assist with identification and implementation of continuous improvements and GM best practices
- Provide on-site coverage at contract locations due to staffing vacancies, extended leaves of absence, vacations, training
- Collaborate with GMCH Project Managers to assist in development of standardized work in USE and GM formats
- Execute internal audits for compliance with RM Statement of Requirements and Global Safety Conditions checklists
- Support GMCH Project Managers’ preparation for scheduled audits including, but not limited to, GMAS, Health and Safety, EPC002
- Build relationships and interface with GMCH EE’s, FAMs, EGMs, and GEP representatives in support of GMCH initiatives
- Capable of performing onsite service work including, but not limited to, characterization, sampling, profiling, shipping, document preparation, and drum/bulk waste management
- Support site compliance with regulatory, financial, tracking and reporting, training and waste management elements of contract
- Proactively work with customers and GMCH Project Managers to establish reuse, reduction, and recycling options for waste streams
- Work with Project Managers, CRMs, and Operations Manager to ensure compliance with contract and maximize profitability, complete bid requirements, and conduct regulatory inspections.
- Provide timely reporting to customers and US Ecology management in a manner consistent with contract/purchase order specifications
- Support creation of operational plans at facility emphasizing efficient contract management, cost reduction, and new business opportunities
- Offer general guidance for RCRA, DOT, TSCA and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Proficient in labeling, marking, manifesting and all required shipping paperwork
- Collaborate with GMCH Project managers to research alternate vendors and treatment methods for contracted and project waste streams based on facility needs
- Support Project Manager and Operations Manager in maintaining contract per the current cost budget and seek out internal/external cost savings
- Participate in USE RM/USE team building and meeting activities, adapt to customer programs, and cross train with other US Ecology entities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or technical field
- Positive customer service skills
- Experience supervising and developing people
- Experience in waste industry, including knowledge of state (MI, IN, NY) and federal regulations, and transportation and disposal of industrial by-products and hazardous waste
- Project management experience preferred
- Accurate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, and problem solving skills
- Negotiation and mediation experience
- Ability to work independently with little hands-on supervision
- CHMM Certification preferred (or passing score on GM RM Test)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES (SKA):
- Knowledgeable of waste treatment, transport and processing protocols and practices.
- Knowledge of systems administration principles and practices.
- Required skills include presenting findings in a concise format; addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner; utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting; negotiation and problem solving.
- Building a rapport with associates and managers; detail oriented, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications is essential.
- To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use a PC.
- Uses hands to touch, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement waste containers.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Candidates should be medically fit to wear a respirator if necessary.
- Visits to operation sites should not represent different physical demands.
The work is typically performed in a manufacturing setting and or office environment.
In the course of advising or counseling managers, supervisors, and employees, the individual may encounter aggressive or unpredicted behavior.
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
**NO THIRD PARTIES OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.**