GP Palatka is looking for a Process Safety Manager who will report to the Safety Manager. This is an opportunity to join a company dedicated to safety and with the record to prove it. You will partner with operations teams and be responsible to lead Process Safety efforts.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve Process Safety excellence through management commitment and employee ownership
- Ensure direct report(s) are supported, aligned with mill/department vision and goals, and given regular and appropriate feedback on performance
- Share the Process Safety vision and lead efforts to improve organizational process safety and chemical process safety culture and knowledge
- Ensure employees understand expectations and exercise their decision rights regarding Process Safety/Chemical Process Safety
- Lead efforts to drive metrics, both performance based (i.e. leading indicators) and outcome based (i.e. trailing indicator)
- Lead a customer focused approach to partner with operations in reducing process safety risk
- Foster Process Safety ownership within the organization through leadership, coordination, and coaching in accordance with the Compliance Standard(s) and Palatka Policies
- Assist with the development and conduct of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards
- Drive improvement projects to completion to reduce identified risks
- Maintain and improve the change management process
- Assist facility leadership with the development of short and long-term Process Safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensure the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet compliance standard requirements
- Actively identify Process Safety elements gaps and puts sustainable processes in place to close them
- Lead the Chemical Process Safety Steering Committee
- Work with employees at all levels and positively influence those outside of their line organization to meet element requirements
- Proactively work with the corporate Process Safety and compliance IT groups to make improvements to the corporate Process Safety processes and IT processes
What You Will Need:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- A minimum of 5 years Process Safety Management/Risk Management Plan experience in a manufacturing, industrial or chemical process environment
- A working knowledge of process safety regulations (29 CFR 1910.119 and 40 CFR 68)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or nuclear energy processes
- Experience with developing standards/procedures/training
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube