Job ID: 024524
Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: No
Location: Tanauan City, PH
Relocation Provided: No
Remote Work: No
Manages environmental, health and safety risks in conjunction with EHS Manager at Eaton Power Quality facility in order to avoid non-conformance with legal and other requirements while achieving EHS continuous improvement.
- Support EHS manager to establish the MESH system and maintain facility EHS Programs in order to sustain and demonstrate EHS continuous improvement.
- Work on EHS compliance to legal and other requirements associated with regulatory, local and other requirements.
- Supervise onsite EHS activities in order to ensure compliance with the EHS Permit requirement.
- Work on MESH Suite/ SHMS in order to track and trend EHS data and utilize 3E Material Safety Data Sheet database in order to have accurate chemical inventory information.
- Work with EHS manager to prepare, submit and distributes required reports in compliance with regulatory agencies in order to ensure timely submittals.
- Monitor and follow EHS law and regulatory revisions and report to EHS manager for actions required
- Advises and counsels other department with regards to regulatory compliance issues and keeps them informed of any changes or EHS program enhancements in order to ensure that other departments is able to make informed decisions with regards to EHS issues.
- Assist EHS manager to arrange EHS training and support EHS manager to complete EHS integration task list on time and setup effective communication process to ensure that all function are integrated into the EHS MESH system.
- Coordinate specific Health & Safety projects as needed, such as machine guarding, industrial hygiene etc.
- Drive the Emergency Response Team in order to coordinates emergency response efforts.
- Act as Pollution Control Officer of the plant and follows duties and responsibilities of the PCO in compliance with DAO 2014-02.
- Assist EHS Manager to complete EHS Task list on time related to project expansions. This includes support to Management of Change deployment, training, and permits applications and follow-ups to regulatory agencies.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following or related disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety, industrial Hygiene, or Chemistry. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 3 years of direct experience in this field.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in the Engineering field or engineering project management.
- Professional certifications as appropriate, such as Safety Engineering Certificate, Environmental Regulations Certificate or other related certificates as required by regulatory agencies.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.