As part of the continued growth and innovation of our global strategy, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as an Account Director on the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) sector team. As a Key Client Manager, you will be an owner and shareholder in a highly profitable business with Sustainability at its heart!
We are looking for a proven business leader who is interested in being part of this thriving global community – outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the Internet Media & Services industry. As a key leader contributing to this important sector strategy, you will sell and ensure delivery of world-class services, recruit and develop our next generation of leaders, and further advance our reputation for environmental and sustainability solutions in the TMT sector, so our clients can focus on bringing products and services to market that change the way we all live.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a leading global environmental consultancy. A career as an ERM Partner is unique.
Our partnership model offers unparalleled financial and career opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization as well as the TMT sector strategy.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established client relationships to further drive our growth.
Work closely with ERM’s Managing Partner for the Global TMT Sector, Regional Practice Leaders, Regional Commercial Directors and Partners to lead, manage and develop ERM’s business with TMT key clients, including:
Account Leadership & Client Strategy:
- Primary focus on key client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to target clients in any of the following TMT industries:Hardware
- Electronic Manufacturing & Original Design Manufacturing
- Software & IT Services
- Internet Media & Services
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy. Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Ensure a robust understanding of key client’s businesses, organization, programs and processes, as well as a comprehensive understanding of key client’s priorities, key needs and what is deemed as most valuable.
- Drive a strategy and execution plan(s) focused on client’s key geographies, service needs, and that facilitates growth in ERM’s business with key client.
- Personally perform face-to-face engagements with client’s key senior-level individuals (i.e., C-Suite) and key global client interfaces (face-to-face visits and presentations).
- Ensure that contract access is established (and expanded) for key areas of service and geographies and that contract terms and requirements are identified and maintained.
Team Building, Alignment & Collaboration:
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client teams.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance key client team, serving as a leader and mentor to partners and senior consultants. Establish a successful Client Service Team in all key geographies and/or across key businesses (i.e., data centers), and leveraged (expanded as necessary) and positioned for long-term success of the account.
- Ensure that the Client Service Team works together seamlessly to identify synergies and high value services, and executes those services in a value added manner.
- Ensure that the Client Service Team collaborates in a highly successful fashion to include the use of ERM’s Intranet (Minerva), cadence calls, and Salesforce (including Chatter Groups).
- Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
Sales /Operational & Service Excellence:
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects for key client. Lead consulting engagements in your area of professional expertise. Drive innovation to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Provide “hands-on” leadership and support for contract negotiations and large proposal efforts.
- Engage client’s key stakeholders in periodic reviews of ERM’s service performance and provide feedback to the Global Client Service Team and key ERM stakeholders (i.e., Business Unit Managing Partners) to ensure continuous service excellence.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to the key Client Service Team members to ensure Service Excellence, including supporting accurate scope and schedule and materials requirements of proposal submissions and avoiding and resolving service performance issues.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS/MS in engineering, safety, science, or related degree.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially with the TMT sector.
- In-depth understanding of the TMT industry and target key client organizations, including existing key client relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in strategic account management delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
Please click on the "Apply for this job" link above. Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.