“We actively seek leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action and deliver results on behalf of our customers. These principles look very familiar to men and women who have served our country in the armed forces, and we find that their experience leading people is invaluable in our fast-paced work environment.” - Jeff Bezos
At Amazon, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of veterans that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
The Onsite Medical will serve as the site’s medical representative in the FC. The Onsite Medical will provide functions such as: provide First aid treatment to injured employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers’ compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
*This posting is for opportunities throughout the entire Mid-Atlantic (NJ, DE, MD, WV, VA, NC, SC, TN) region and relocation may be necessary.*
· Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
· Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
· Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of associates.
· Contact treating physicians as necessary, to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, and arrange further treatment.
· Train managers and associate volunteers in 1st aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
· Provide daily activity logs to the safety and Sr. leadership team.
· Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled with a recommendation on how to reduce risk and severity of injuries.
· Participate as needed in weekly site case management review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
· Participate in incident investigations as needed.
· Develop Physical Demands Assessments for every task.
· Attend the weekly associate safety committee meeting.
· Evaluate stretching program – assist safety with custom tailored stretching program, possibly through coordination with the off-site medical provider’s physical therapy department.
· Frequently attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
· Greet all new hires, either through 1-1 interaction or in group setting during new hire orientation
· Be actively involved with site Kaizens.
· Learn each job function in facility so to fully understand the body mechanics involved in the task.
· Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers
· Help coordinate an onsite health fair annually
· Understand and learn each department and communicate the proper techniques on how to prevent CTDs
· Update the communication board with “at home tips” such as number of hours for sleep, hygiene suggestions and proper foods to eat
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to communicate safety needs at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills: analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
· Valid State EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health from the state you are working in AND/OR valid National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification
· 2 years’ experience providing emergency services in a pre-hospital setting
· Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends
· Ability to maintain all medical credentials
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· 2+ years of service in the armed forces
· Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience leading and managing a team
· Experience with OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
· Experience with Workers’ Compensation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation