Provides specialized occupational health nursing care for acute and preventive individuals. Facilitates communication between health care providers, employees and employers in order to provide quality, efficient health care.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred; graduate of an approved nursing school with a baccalaureate in an associated discipline will be considered.
- Three years acute care of adults.
- Preference given to candidates with one year of occupational health experience, but will consider and train those with emergency room, ambulatory care, community health, family practice, or ICU experience.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as an LPN or RN in South Carolina.
- CPR required.
- Progress towards certification in Occupational Health Nursing preferred.
- Pulmonary Function certification preferred.
- Hearing Conservation certification preferred.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.