At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment, and contributing to our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry products. We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
Our growth is your opportunity.
Primarily responsible for leading and addressing all aspects of Occupational Health functions for Wayne Farms, and traveling to evaluate, improve and lead employee health management processes throughout Wayne Farms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Implement and manage corporate health and safety programs.
- Develop, maintain and monitor compliance with corporate safety and health processes.
- Manage and coordinate appropriate, timely and cost-effective delivery of health care related to disability, urgent and emergency care, work limitations, transitional return to work plans, accommodations and workers compensation and non-workers compensation illness and injury.
- Determine service needs, select and evaluate services of appropriate providers and make recommendations for retention or removal of health care providers.
- Identify and coordinate process of cases requiring physician-level review and implement recommendations.
- Identify cases involving high-frequency and high-risk injuries/illnesses and perform ongoing evaluation and treatment plans.
- Determine essential job junctions and identify and implement necessary limitations, accommodations and part-time work for high-frequency/high-risk cases reducing length of disability.
- Establish and maintain systems to improve health of employees through direct provision of medical care efficiently and appropriately delivered.
- Assign corporate policies/procedures to be adapted and implemented at production sites.
- Assist safety management in implementing programs throughout assuring compliance with OSHA regulated standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinate occupational health professionals at the location level.
- Provide orientation to new plant nurses.
- Monitor adherence of policies and procedures/guidelines including federal and state compliance requirement standards, medical directives, and physician standing orders.
- Administer corporate compliance programs (e.g. AEDs, licensure/certifications, etc.).
- Collaborate with Director of Safety, Compliance & Loss Prevention on new corporate initiatives.
- Be a liaison between assigned locations, vendors, company departments, etc.
- Oversee quality assurance through an occupational health systems audit.
- Oversee Occupational Health Nurses and Health and Safety Technicians processes ensuring fulfillment of Occupational Health Program objectives.
- Develop, support and execute processes reducing employee injury and illness rates, and proactively managing Worker’s Compensation cases.
- Participate in management review meetings to present Health & Safety performance statistics, discuss upcoming Health & Safety actions.
- Proactively identify and promptly address Safety & Health issues which may affect operations.
- Track metrics and drive Health & Safety improvement and performance.
- Manage all Health & Safety regulatory reporting requirements within area of responsibility.
- Provide direct Health & Safety support to assigned Complexes and Processing Plants.
- Maintain consistency as it relates to training, policies and procedures, and OSHA record keeping.
- Oversee the record keeping training for health care providers ensuring adequate training in order to carry out responsibilities for managing 300 OSHA regulated compliance logs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Indirect supervision of 9 – 13 Occupational Nurses and/or Health & Safety Technicians on matters pertaining to medical care, Worker’s Compensation and record keeping.
- This is a Leader of People position with required competencies: Sizing up People, Delegation, Planning, Customer Focus and Conflict Management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse (R.N.) Degree from an accredited institution with current R.N. license.
- Current CPR/1st Aid/AED certificate.
- Minimum 5 years’ nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ Occupational Health/Case Management experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from and accredited institution.
- Professional certification in Occupational Health.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to communication effectively.
- Demonstrated strategic, management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge in state and federal safety and health regulations as well as consensus and professional standards (State Board of Nurse Examiners, OSHA, CDC, WHO, State Department of Health).
- Proven track record of managing Health and Safety practices across multiple locations.
- Proven project management and change management skills.
- Ability to apply and interpret regulatory standards and consensus standards to situations not specifically addressed by the standards.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to crises in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain effective safety and health processes.
- High work capacity, dependable, results oriented and strong sense of urgency.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Direct and empathetic communication style.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills, with precise attention to detail.
- Appropriately operate with frequent access to confidential information.
- Maintain and adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
REQUIRED PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize work accordingly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.