Eaton's facility located in Vicksburg, MS has an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Analyst. This position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at his/her location(s), including: establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages.
Position is responsible for:
Supporting site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; supporting actions during crises; site security, supporting the creation of a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Supports site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Supports development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Supports risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- Supports tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Supports MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Supports and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Supports EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with EHS leader and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Supports efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Provides support on using established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Supports efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
Position Criteria and Dimensions Evaluated:
- MESH score
- MESH Deployment (Culture, Process & Compliance, and Results)
- Incidents indices (accidents, near misses, spills, fires, vehicle incidents)
- Closure rate of corrective actions
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Water consumption reduction
- Greenhouse gas reduction
- Workers’ compensation or equivalent
- Employee engagement
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building & organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of EPA, OSHA & DOT federal, state and local regulations
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- Prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, chemistry, biology or any engineering discipline
- Three (3) years of manufacturing experience in EHS or engineering related related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental discipline
- Professional certification such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.