McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Manufacturing & Distribution Environmental Manager to support multiple facilities in Hunt Valley, MD. This Manager will report to theHunt Valley Park Safety, Health & Environmental Lead.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services including, but not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, sick days and vacation days.
The Manufacturing & Distribution Environmental Manager will be the process owner for the Hunt Valley Park Environmental Management System and will set the example of team leadership within a High Performance Work Organization. This Manager is a dedicated environmental compliance resource to multiple facilities and is focused on maintaining and implementing environmentally sound practices, obtaining environmental incident reduction, implementing proactive environmental processes, increasing safety and environmental awareness, and developing and maintaining robust training programs.
- Ensure environmentally sound practices, environmental incident prevention, and regulatory compliance at the HV Park sites with assistance from on-site personnel as needed
- Enforce McCormick Environmental policies and procedures, facilitate / implement and maintain the McCormick Environmental Management System (EMS) at the HV Park locations
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Hunt Valley Park EMS, as well as the environmental compliance for the Park
- Develop meaningful environmental measures for the Hunt Valley Park scorecard to drive performance improvements and meet Corporate Environmental goals through continuous improvement
- Communicate and translate organizational Safety, Health and Environment objectives, goals, strategies and measures tied to leading metrics
- Develop and facilitate the Safety and Environmental Functional Leads in a manner which ensures appropriate conduct of injury / incident review boards, leading action plans, training and root cause analysis
- Establish and implement policies, programs, and practices to promote sustained environmental compliance within the HV Park, and to ensure, at a minimum, that the organization is in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards
- Conduct safety and environmental audits and plan reviews in order to identify unsafe acts and conditions, program gaps, and best practices
- Act as horizontal process owner for the Hunt Valley Park and encourage the sharing of best practices
- Assist in the facilitation of site annual Safety, Health and Environmental action plans
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in arelevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in regulatory compliance, regulatory reporting and environmental projects management
- Experience providing environmental support to manufacturing plant and/or distribution center teams
- Experience with and/or knowledge of The Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Water Quality Permits, SPCC Compliance, The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), The Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (ERCRA), SARA Title 111 Environmental Reporting, Asbestos Investigations, Environmental Audits, and Inspections and Hazardous Waste Materials Transportation (HMT) compliance
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as needed to meet business demands
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- Food and/or beverage processing industry experience
- Experience supporting government inspections
- Experience liasing with local government and regulatory agencies such as the EPA, State Department of the Environment (e.g. MDE), County Codes (e.g. Baltimore County).
- Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions
- Experience with SAP, MS Access, Visio, CMMS and MS PowerPoint software
- TPM experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.