''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manger to provide leadership and presence at our Waxahachie, TX facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S.
In this role, EH&S Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EH&S risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
- Developing and aligning facility EH&S strategy according to the business/enterprise EH&S plan
- Facilitating EH&S ownership by the line organization.
- Ensuring the EH&S vision is developed and integrated in facilities
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EH&S
- Ensuring incentive metrics are performance based (i.e. leading indicators) in addition to outcome based (i.e. trailing indicator).
- Facilitating EH&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the EH&S Management System
- Ensuring EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of unsafe behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EH&S skills and knowledge
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, related field, and/or five (5) or more years’ equivalent EH&S experience
- Willing and able to travel to support corporate initiatives
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP
- Previous leadership experience
- Professional Engineer experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran - Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube