EQM is a full-service environmental consulting, engineering and remediation and construction management firm headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Established in 1990, EQM has grown to over 230 professionals in 12 offices throughout the United States. Our environmental staff consists of engineers, geologists, chemists, environmental scientists and remediation specialists serving clients ranging from small-scale local private industries to national contracts.
The primary function is to support the company’s efforts to safeguard employee health and safety as well as that of contractors, visitors, and the general public; to ensure compliance with federal/state environmental and safety regulations; as well as the company’s policies and procedures. The Manager, Health & Safety is expected to provide leadership, act as a change agent within the company and provide training to staff at all levels.
- Establish and maintain Corporate-wide H&S program to include awareness programs
- Maintain OSHA statistics
- Perform project-specific H&S audits
- Provide initial site/project-specific training
- Analyze data to assess H&S challenges and develop approach to control/eliminate H&S potential issues
- Manage medical monitoring program
- Author/approve H&S Plans
- Perform as Program H&S Manager on government contracts
- Perform site investigations involving H&S incidents
- Recruit, train, and supervise field H&S personnel
- Maintain expert knowledge of existing and proposed H&S regulations
- Knowledge of FMCSA Driver regulations
- BS/BA in safety management or relevant field is required
- 7 to 10 years overall experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with DOD or USEPA remediation contracts to include a general understanding of remedial processes
- Experience with EPA hazwoper and hazmat required
- Experience in Construction H&S (OSHA 1926) highly desired.
- US ACE EM 385-1-1 training is a plus.
- Certification as a CIH, CSP, or CHMM is preferable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with counterparts on the client’s (federal government and non-government) team
- Should have experience managing office and field staff
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Travel 50% to project sites and customer offices will be required
No relocation or sponsorship assistance.
EQM conducts pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physicals.
EQM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEO) F/M/Disabled/Vets - This Employer Participates in E-Verify