A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
We are seeking a strongly motivated and proven leader to manage this and aid in continued development of this fast paced and quality driven operation. The Laboratory Manager will lead a team of laboratory technicians and field technicians in the delivery of timely and defensible data.
The operation in North Dakota focuses on:
- Routine crude oil testing primarily involving physical properties such as density, water and solids content, vapor pressure and others analyses in order to assess compliance with pipeline and crude by rail specifications
- Gas testing by Chromatography of upstream and midstream products
- Other field services such as sample collection, witnessing and meter proofing
You are the ideal LABORATORY MANAGER if you have:
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in an analytical laboratory, petroleum experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of Maxxam business processes including budgeting, forecasting and resource planning
- A strong sense of customer service with a proven ability to effectively and appropriately address client concerns
- The ability to operate independently, while meeting corporate and client targets for data delivery, quality practices and adherence to safety standards and protocols
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of laboratory processes, analytical techniques and LIMS
- A willingness to help with comprehensive hands-on operational functions as required, including but not limited to: customer service, bench level laboratory analysis, sales, and field sampling
- An understanding of petroleum physical properties and gas analysis and knowledge of associated analytical testing
- Proven ability in monitoring turn-around time to ensure deadlines and customer expectations are being met
- Knowledge of ASTM methodology and quality control practices is preferred
- Knowledge of or previous experience with oil field sample collection an asset
- Location: Bureau Veritas Inspectorate Laboratory based in Williston, North Dakota
- Shift: regular Monday-Friday work schedule
- Length of assignment: minimum 3-5 year assignment
- Residence: The incumbent will be required to relocate to the Williston, ND area; relocation assistance will be provided, including immediate family members (ie. spouse and dependents)
- Required to drive a company vehicle; must have valid driver’s license and abstract with less than 6 demerits
- Work related travel will be required
- Must meet requirements to work internationally as an expatriate
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.