Banda Group has an immediate need for 4 Senior Industrial Hygiene Technician in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent.
- Education may substitute for experience - 3 months for a related Associates degree or 6 months for a related Bachelors of Science degree.
- Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of related experience OR
- Nine (9) years of related experience OR
- Combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of applicable field experience as an Industrial Hygiene Technician within a formally-structured Industrial Hygiene Program.
Prior Training or Qualifications:
- DOE L or Q security clearance or the ability to obtain same.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Completion of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training.
- Able to participate in physically demanding work while wearing personal protective equipment including respiratory protection.
- Able to be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
- Able to lift 30 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Able to complete successfully in-house Industrial Hygiene Senior Technician Qualification Program consisting of core instrumentation competency and Performance Document Checklists, as applicable to assignment.
- Implements the day-to-day programmatic and field aspects of the Industrial Hygiene Program in accordance with 10 CFR Part 851, Worker Safety and Health Program, requirements.
- Performs collateral safety and health duties commensurate with qualifications, aptitude, and ability (including job coverage, monitoring, and conduct of management assessments and surveillances upon request).
- Participates in the formulation of action plans in response to identified deficiencies.
- Supports industrial hygiene sampling activities in compliance with written work plans, sampling protocols, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs air and bulk sampling, noise surveys, temperature assessments, etc. Sampling may include response to incident sampling events and may include chemical decontamination, where applicable.
- Inputs and generates employee sampling notification letters, reports, and other industrial hygiene-related sampling data records in the Industrial Hygiene Analytical System (IHAS) database.
- Assists Facility Management as directed with access control, posting and labeling in accordance with industrial hygiene and/or safety-related posting needs (e.g., respirator area, asbestos-regulated area, etc.).
- Reports to Project Industrial Hygienist for day-to-day project direction.
- Maintains daily contact, in accordance with specific assignment, with Junior Industrial Hygiene Technicians, superintendent, field engineers, craft personnel, and other discipline personnel to assist in the successful implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Program.
- Is responsive to requests made by Project IH, Project IS/IH Manager, Project ESH Operations Manager and/or UCOR Safety and Health Manager in support of field implementation of programmatic requirements.
- Provides guidance and monitors the performance of Junior Industrial Hygiene Technician technical support in their assigned area(s)
Suspends/stops work as warranted, without fear of reprisal, for activities or practices observed that put worker safety and/or environment at risk, until it can be demonstrated that it is safe to proceed with the work.