Serves as part of a team of environmental, health and safety professionals that conducts industrial hygiene monitoring and environmental, health and safety compliance related projects. Experience should include knowledge of Federal OSHA and state safety and health regulations; conducting field asbestos surveys and project monitoring; other industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, and construction safety. Be mature, responsible, and adaptable to varying work environments and possess a strong pro-active work ethic. Work well in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Public Health, Environmental Science, or a science related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in occupational and environmental safety and health, with a focus on regulated building materials inspections, abatement oversight, and indoor air quality investigations.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring (air sampling, noise dosimetry, etc.) and indoor air quality investigations.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Certifications as an asbestos and/or lead inspector, project monitor and/or supervisor with licenses in New England states.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER preferred
- U.S. Citizen and ability to pass Federal security clearance requirements.
- Prior consulting or Federal experience a plus.
- Qualified military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Conducts occupational exposure or area monitoring, environmental sampling, and other related duties.
- Performs fieldwork such as calibrating and operating equipment for air sampling and monitoring personnel exposure, obtaining media, submitting samples for laboratory analysis, collecting relevant data, observing field situations, and documenting events.
- Performs surveys of work places to determine compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations. Reviews data and drafts reports.
- An ideal candidate must be proficient with MS Word®, Excel® & Access®.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and to wear a respirator.
- Off-hours work may be required.
This position is based in Bedford, MA and may include travel to project locations on a short-term basis in the United States.
About the Firm:
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®) is an award winning and internationally recognized firm that is currently celebrating 37 years of service to manufacturing and commercial industry, government agencies and institutions. Mabbett is a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Veterans Enterprise, Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. The firm provides an exceptional employee benefits program, advancement potential, and a progressive and challenging work environment. The firm is a Veteran Friendly and Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit the firm’s website.