Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will execute complex safety projects from start to finish.
- As needed for specific customers, the incumbent will also provide corporate project leadership and project management functions.
- The incumbent will be a technical expert in multiple fundamental safety disciplines.
- The incumbent will possess the ability to work very independently and produce results within budget and timeframe.
- The incumbent will also be engaged in and contribute as directed with respect to Business Development goals and activities.
- Provides comprehensive safety consulting services to clients.
- In collaboration with overall client relationship managers, coordinates and executes the implementation of multiple and/or complex client projects within set organizational procedures and standards. Leads and directs the work of others as needed.
- In close routine collaboration with the external customer, designs, implements and executes an agreed-to service plan.Monitors and reports progress on plan completion as directed.Works with numerous internal and external stakeholders in the interest of achieving desired overall project velocity
- Acts as a senior advisor to the customer on various safety and employee accident prevention issues
- Works closely with the overall client relationship manager to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provides input to client relationship managers or business development staff on potential new or follow-on safety projects based on current projects being worked.Participates in business development activities as directed.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree.10+ years of experience in the safety field required.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of safety technical subject matter and how to apply it in real-life settings.Highly familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the safety field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Trains and/or mentors other Bureau Veritas field staff on technical safety issues as needed
Experience & other requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Minimum 10+ years related experience, including extensive industrial / shop floor setting project experience
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to interact with all staff/clients/contractors in a professional manner
- Solid Proposal and Report writing skills
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- A great deal of creativity and self-starter initiative is required. This position entails routine ongoing work and negotiation with numerous customer stakeholders – all of whom need to be ‘satisfied’ with respect to project purpose, scope, and tactics
- Comprehensive computer skills, internet, MS Office, Lotus Notes
- Can successfully conduct projects of increasing complexity in a variety of industries and project types
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020. We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf