A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The HSE Division of Bureau Veritas is looking for an experienced Ergonomist assigned to our client site/office. The successful candidate will be assigned as a full-time outsources support resource to our key client in Seattle, WA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform office ergonomic evaluations which may include assisting employees in the proper workstation and/or chair adjustments, recommending input devices, etc.
- Update the Office Evaluation spreadsheet and email employee with the results of their evaluation.
- Contact employees who have had an ergonomic evaluation by email to determine whether or not recommendations made during the evaluation are in place and are working to eliminate the employee’s issue/concern. Conduct follow-up ergonomic evaluations for employees who still have an issue/concern.
- Conduct follow-up evaluations with employees who have reported a “sense of discomfort” as the reason for completing an office self-help checklist.
- Interface with Reasonable Accommodation focal to recommend sit/stand desk for employees who have an approved medical accommodation.
- Special project(s) flowed from HB Ergo Sub-Committee – TBD.
- BS degree in Science, Industrial Hygiene or related field with concentration in industrial hygiene, occupational safety or environmental (HSE) fields, with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the HSE. Experience with client consulting and/ or Ergonomics experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and successfully communicate with HSE professionals, client management team and client’s workforce.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and other programs. Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, concise and technically correct written work products and reports.
- Punctual, reliable. Flexibility to work a typical daily shift (client business hours of 8 am - 5 pm), with ability to extend hours earliy or late.
- Valid driver’s license required. Client site is accessible via public transportation.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf